Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Bittersweet Symphony

I'm sitting at TOMS HQ and it is so good to be back! Reunited with friends and stationary, at least for a while. So now we are processing our travels. And a process it is... I've really been everywhere. After this tour, I will drive 4 hours to meet someone for lunch and then turn around and go home. I mean, after driving 24 hours straight 8 hours of driving in one day is nothing.

How am I feeling about going home? Truthfully, it's a little bittersweet. I'm super excited to fly home with Katie and see my mom and dad and Pec. Stoked about hanging out with Charity and Angela, eating some Salt Lick and going dancing! I'm ready for my body to go into hypothermic shock as soon as I jump into Barton Springs. The cliffs of Lake Travis are calling my name. But at the same time, I'm leaving LA. 3rd Street Promenade all day, Venice Beach for sunset, Malibu on the weekends, wineries in Napa and the most amazing fresh strawberries on the side of the road, 65* at night and beautiful during the day! So yes, I am sad to leave California.

People ask why I love LA so much... "there is traffic?!?!" "everyone is so superficial"... yadda yadda YADDA! I just tell them: number 1, I am either going to sit in traffic in Downtown Austin, or sit in traffic on the PCH next to the beach. number 2, there are superficial people everywhere. and number 3, LA is this huge city on the beach that is totally chill and laid back. Everything I love is with in 2 hours of me. I can be at Butterfly Beach in 1.5 hrs, hiking in the mountains of Topanga is 30 mins or working out at muscle beach in 15. Perfection!

No comments: