Friday, November 28, 2008

THANKSGIVING!!!

Thanksgiving is my favorite day and holiday!!! You've got all the food and family you can handle, crazy football games and sweet sweet chaos with out the greed of getting presents on Christmas. Don't get me wrong I LOOVE Christmas.. I mean it's Jesus' Birthday and there is no better time of the year. But I think the meaning of Christmas gets lost in all the hustle and bustle and is found at Thanksgiving! Everyone is with their families and friends and everyone is lovin' on each other!

My mother calls me the Thanksgiving Nazi because I am very particular about the kind of food we have. You see my Great-Grandmere's stuffing is something that I will not go with out on Thanksgiving. One year we were at my Grandma's house and there was no "Geat-Grandmere's Stuffing" to be found... I went into the back room and cried and cried... I basically threw a fit like a 5 year old when I was about 17. And this year was noo different! It was actually more important to me that we ate Great-Grandmere's stuffing this year because this was the first year she wasn't with us. She passed away a few months ago and we missed her but she was there in our hearts and in the stuffing!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh, I love it and I love stuffing too :) I think it might be my favorite thanksgiving thing....and maybe sweet potatoe casserole. miss you girl. hope to hug you soon.