Saturday, December 6, 2008

Winter Warmth


Being a Texan, it takes a while for me to get used to the cold. I don't really like being cold but there are a few things that I love about cold weather, like the little places you find warmth all season long!

For example, I love bundling up in sweaters, coats and boots. NOT UGG BOOTS.... It doesn't snow in Texas therefor no reason to wear them. But that is an entire blog in itself about things i don't like about Texas Winter... and i'm talking about things I love about Texas Winter! So anyway, Winter clothes are my favorite!!! Leggings, fuzzy socks, House shoes, scarfs and matching hats.. OO .. ear muffs and mittens! My favorite kind of mitten in particular are the ones that are half gloves and half mittens... you know the ones that cover half your fingers and then have the mitten attached to flip over your exposed fingers!!! LOVE IT!

Another thing that is fantastic about Winter in Texas is how the sun still shines through and warms the inside of your car. The air is so cool and crisp outside but when you get back in your car, the Texas sun has kept you car seats warm and toasty inside!

Fires! Fires make your home feel even more cozy in the winter! But the best fires are the ones found at little hole in the wall coffee shops or restaurants! When I was younger, my dad used to take me to La Madeline and in the winter I would want to sit by the fire and eat my potato soup!! SOO GOOD!

I just love being Warm in the Winter!

No comments: